Landscape and Gardening Tips – January
What our Pro’s are doing:
Gardening in January? Absolutely! Now is the perfect time to call us!
Hawks Landscape Designers:
- Our landscape designers are busy planning this springs projects for their clients. It’s never too early to begin to plan your outdoor space for the upcoming season.
Hawks Landscape Maintenance staff:
- Our Arborists are out pruning dormant trees. Oaks and elms must be pruned only in the winter months to avoid potential disease issues.
- Horticulturists are beginning to assemble proposals for the care and maintenance of both residential and commercial properties.
- Snow removal is in full swing! Proper snow removal helps prevent damage to your lawn and landscape beds and helps you get a jump on spring and summer projects.
- Use Christmas tree boughs to cover any remaining open groundcovers or perennial beds for the winter.
- Keep your indoor plants away from drafty windows to avoid cold.
- Plants that are susceptible to rodent damage should be protected with hardware.
- Attract winter birds: woodpeckers love suet, finches & sparrows enjoy thistle seed and cardinals, blue jays, doves and many others snack on sunflower & safflower seeds.
Please note: The timing on many of these tips is approximate and can vary greatly depending on a variety of factors. If you have any questions, please contact a Hawks Landscape Designer or Maintenance representative at 414-258-5525.